Modern Canna Science (Modern Canna) is Florida’s preeminent Medical Marijuana Testing Laboratory. Modern Canna is regarded as Florida’s first and most reputable medical cannabis laboratory. Modern Canna works with licensed Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers (MMTC’s) and licensed hemp CBD providers to ensure that medical cannabis and low-THC cannabis products are free from biological and chemical contaminants. Modern Canna can also determine potency and cannabinoid profiles for each harvest of raw cannabis flower or the derivative medications created therefrom.
Modern Canna has the capabilities to perform a full range of analytical testing and to perform mandated SOP audits at facilities across the state. Laboratory consultants can be dispatched to MMTC’s growing or processing facilities to ensure that standard operating procedures, records, and samples are all in compliance with Florida statutes and Department of Health regulations. Centrally located in Lakeland, Modern Canna is perfectly positioned to provide testing and consulting services to Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers in each of the state’s geographic regions.
A Full-Spectrum of Lab Testing and Analysis
Modern Canna is equipped to perform in-house analytical testing on medical cannabis and low-THC cannabis flower and products. This includes, but is not limited to:
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) to provide precise cannabinoid profiles of cannabis plants and derivatives. HPLC testing provides Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD)concentrations of a sample, reported as a percentage by weight.
- Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC) to detect and quantify residual solvents, chemical additives, pesticides, mycotoxins, etc.
- Mass Spectrometry (GCMS & LCMS) for ultra sensitive detection for pesticides, mycotoxins, terpenes, flavonoids, solvents, etc.
- Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry (GCMSMS & LCMSMS) for the highest sensitivity detection
- Electron Capture Detector (ECD)
- Flame Ionization Detector (FID)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES and ICPMS) to detect and quantify heavy metals
- Microbial Analysis – to detect coliforms, E.coli, Total Plate Count (TPC), Yeast & Mold, Aspergillus, Salmonella, and more.
Back in 2012, while researching medical cannabis laws and regulations in other states, we were troubled that few states required third-party testing for cannabis or cannabis-derived products. This was unacceptable, so the company consulted with some of the west coast’s leading cannabis testing laboratories, dispensaries, and growers to ensure that Florida’s medical marijuana patients would receive the most advanced and accurate testing services available.
The Modern Canna analysts and lab technicians have academic backgrounds in chemistry, biology, and decades of quality control experience in regulated laboratory settings, as well as vast knowledge of analytical methodologies pertaining to cannabis.
Florida’s medical cannabis patients deserve medication that is cultivated in the safest manner possible and then rigorously tested using the latest technology prior to consumption. Modern Canna is setting the standard for medical cannabis quality assurance and quality control in Florida. Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers looking for a laboratory to provide cannabis testing or consulting services will find no better option.
If you are a patient or physician looking for more information regarding medical cannabis in Florida, please visit our Resources and Information page.
In the News