The public is increasingly recognizing the need to purchase cannabis through a licensed, official Florida medical marijuana treatment center (MMTC). Patients are thrilled that new, effective treatments are available to them, but they don’t want a “Wild West” doctor prescribing inferior or even dangerous product. As the state’s most prevalent medical marijuana testing facility, Modern Canna Science has the experience and technological resources to accurately determine the quality of the cannabis sold in Florida.
Buyer Beware: All Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Are Not The Same!
Back in May 2018, the Tampa Bay Times wrote a scathing review of our state’s medical marijuana program, which proves the point: all medical marijuana doctors and dispensaries are NOT created equal. Upon closer inspection of the 1,432 medical marijuana doctors in Florida, the Tampa Bay Times found that 262 (nearly 1 in 5) doctors had some sort of serious blemish on their records. According to the report:
“Marijuana doctors were 2.8 times as likely as other doctors to have been disciplined by the Board of Medicine, and 2.4 times as likely to have been charged with a crime. Altogether, 108 of them were responsible for $69.4 million in malpractice judgments and settlements, some for maiming or killing patients.
Some of the doctors have been fined, suspended or stripped of their licenses in other states. They’ve misdiagnosed conditions, falsified records and written prescriptions for people they never saw.”
If you’re in the market for medical marijuana, exercise due diligence and seek the service of a state-approved medical marijuana treatment center. Florida’s medical marijuana treatment center program aims to dispel uncertainty and deliver medicine from accountable enterprises.
Where To Find A Legitimate Florida Medical Marijuana Treatment Center
The Office of Medical Marijuana website is the place to go for information if you’re looking for a legitimate Florida medical marijuana treatment center. Licensed centers are authorized to cultivate, process, and dispense medical marijuana to patients and caregivers after completing a thorough government vetting process.
Approved medical marijuana treatment centers in Florida include:
- 3 Boys Farm
- AltMed Florida
- Columbia Care Florida
- Green Owl Pharms
- Knox Medical
- Liberty Health Sciences
- Remeny Wellness
- Surterra Therapeutics
- The Green Solution
Modern Canna works with the majority of the state-approved medical marijuana treatment centers in Florida. These MMTC’s care about producing the best possible product for medical cannabis patients in The Sunshine State. Among other standards, all treatment centers must present a plan for testing medical marijuana for potency and contaminants.
Why Florida Cannabis Analysis Matters
At Modern Canna Science, we use state-of-the-art equipment for cannabis analysis in Florida, including:
- Physical contamination analysis
- Potency analysis for THC, CBD, and several other cannabinoids
- Residual Solvent Analysis to test for purity
- Pesticides analysis
- Genetic testing for the development of superior plants
- Microbial testing for microorganisms like E. coli, aspergillus, salmonella, etc.
- Mycotoxin testing
- Metals testing
- Terpene analysis to measure the fragrance and flavor compounds, as well as the medicinal properties
Is Florida Medical Cannabis Testing Required By Law?
If your medical condition meets the qualifications, you may be registered in the state medical marijuana use registry and issued a prescription by a qualifying doctor. Getting it filled at a medical marijuana treatment center ensures that you are getting a safe, effective product. Licensed medical marijuana treatment centers face comprehensive and strict requirements for dispensing medical cannabis in Florida, with regulations defined by Section 381.986 of the Florida Statutes.
Contact Modern Canna For Medical Cannabis Testing in Florida
Few MMTCs can afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment and personnel to do medical cannabis testing in-house. Modern Canna Science fills the gap by providing comprehensive cannabis consulting services in Florida. Contact us to discuss a partnership at your earliest convenience.
Additional “Florida medical cannabis treatment center” resources:
- Florida Dept of Health – Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers, http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/office-of-medical-marijuana-use/medical-marijuana-treatment-centers/index.html
- Tampa Bay Times – Florida’s Medical Marijuana Program is Attracting Troubled Doctors Like It’s The Wild Wild West, http://www.tampabay.com/investigations/2018/05/04/floridas-medical-marijuana-program-is-attracting-troubled-doctors-its-like-the-wild-wild-west/
- Florida State Government – Statutes, http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0381/Sections/0381.986.html